Monday, May 7, 2012

It's Time to Play - Name that Heretic!




Do You Know, Your Heretics?

I lived from AD 250 (256)  until AD 336. I lived in Alexandria, Egypt. I served as a presbyter in a church in Alexandria.

I developed the “teaching” that the Christ was not truly divine but was actually a created being. I reasoned that God was so unique in the fact that He alone is self-existent and immutable. I taught that the Son was not self-existent and therefore could not be God. As a result the Son, or Jesus Christ must have been a created being. I was opposed to Trinitarian teaching.



Who am I? 
Do you know your heretics?

It' is time to play - name that heretic!

10 comments:

Derrick Boyd said...

Is it Arius?

Encouraging Thoughts for Life

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

I haven't got a clue Gregg. A good game though.

Thanks for your visit most welcomed.

Yvonne.

Persis said...

Arius.

Eddie Eddings said...

I was going to say T.D. Jakes...but, I know he's not that old.

Petra said...

Persis beat me to it and Eddie made me double over. :-)

Scott said...

Guess I have to start checking the old blog sites earlier if I want to get in on this. Everyone else already chimed in. Maybe I can get points for pointing out the "Super Man" to this "Lex Luthor." Athanasius.

Audrey E. Charles said...

I googled it and Arius seems to be the one.

Larri said...

I googled it too, and came up with Arius. Great game! Happy Monday1 ☺

momto8 said...

a heresy! Arius. I have just started listening to this history on a tape collection..i listen while I prepare dinner and clean the kitchen...learning lots of interesting history!

Arlee Bird said...

This is a topic that I don't know much of anything about. I've never even heard of Arius.