After completing the April’s A-Z Challenge, I decided to keep the Month of May nice and light. I didn’t want to suspend posting for a short blog-cation – can’t risk losing readers. I thought to make May easy-peasy.
The last Bible quiz seemed to go over well. I received comments along the lines of “let’s do it again.” So, it is time to play “How Well Do You Know Your Bible?” The answers will be given in tomorrow’s post. Here we go…
1. In what two books of the Bible is God’s name not mentioned?
2. What did Jesus have in His right hand when He first appeared in the book of Revelation?
3. Which book has "Behold how good it is for brethren to dwell together in unity"?
4. To whom did the Apostle Paul write the following: “Show yourself in all respects to be a model of good works, and in your teaching show integrity, dignity, and sound speech that cannot be condemned so that an opponent maybe put to shame, having nothing evil to say about us”?
5. Where is the following phrase found: “Which book says: "the voice of the turtle is heard in our land?"
6. Who was the father of John, the writer of the Gospel according to John?
7. What miracle of Jesus is mentioned only by John in his Gospel account?
8. Which book starts with: “Now it came to pass in the days when the judges ruled, that there was a famine in the land.”
9. What was "the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints?"
10. How many of Paul's letters to the Corinthians are included in the New Testament?
Bonus Question: This man's letter has many well-known Bible verses in it (e.g. “Resist the devil and he will flee from you…”, “The effectual fervent prayer of the righteous avails much before God…”, and “Be doers of the Word and not hearers only.”)
Remember no googling, bible programs, concordances, etc. until you say Uncle, or Aunt, or whatever you say when you give up. (Unless it can’t appear in a PG blog)
Bonus Bonus Awards – Extra points awarded if you research and discover all the answers you didn’t know!