Gospel-driven Disciples celebrates 1000 Posts!
Who would have thunk it?
Certainly not me!
I began this blog on a cold and snowy February morning in a Motel Six room in Bend, Oregon. It was Thursday, February 19th, 2009.
I followed a link from a blog I had read, discovered Blogger, and wrote three short blogs that morning entitled:
- Good News - Bad News
- Sensational Statements
- Where Would I Be (Without You)
My first post was a short attempt at simply sharing a gospel presentation.
I couldn't think of anything for a second post so I posted a quote from the Council of Orange, Canon 6
Two posts looked kind of lonely on that plain and uninspiring blogger page, so I posted a song I had written.
Since then I have been tagged, participated in blog fests, Monday Facts, written songs and poems, posted my opinion, written essays, articles, devotions, lessons, and even some gobbledygook. I have striven very hard to produce a first class, informative, and beneficial blog for your good and God's glory. I have also strove very hard to be true to my five reasons for this blog:
- To exalt the glorious character of our Lord Jesus Christ
- To expand a passion for the supremacy of God in all things
- To expound the Scriptures in order to have an accurate understanding of the Word of God
- To edify or build up my readers in the faith once for all time delivered to the saints
- To expose my readers to a variety of spiritually beneficial topics, books, articles, thoughts, and people
If I ever loose sight of those five purposes or fail to consistently live up to them, I will put this blog to bed and be done with it. For it will no longer be of any eternal use or benefit.
So, I say two things to you today on the occasion of this 1,000 post:
First, Thank you so very much for reading this blog. Thank you to those who have chosen to follow and to make comments. I love you all so much and cannot tell you how grateful I am.
Second, “…if you find anything here that serves to your furtherance and joy of the faith, impute that to the mercy of God bestowed on you and me. Yours to serve you with what little I have.”
Praise Be to the Living God!