Monday, October 3, 2011

Monday Facts

In conjunction with Seams Inspired's Party, I give you my Monday Morning Facts, for what shall we say? For your enjoyment, entertainment, encouragement, curiosity, concern, comprehension, snoopiness, wonder, amusement, to tickle your funny bone, and or your inquisitiveness!


Fact:  It is pouring rain! Now, that is a fact that usually does not need to be established here in the great Pacific Northwest. The significance of this fact is that this rain is not our own rain off the Pacific Ocean, or even coming down from Alaska. This rain is the remnant of rain (according to Rhonda Shelby, KATU Channel 2 Weather Reporter) of a typhoon on the other side of the globe that got caught up in the Gulf Stream. We don't have enough of our own rain that we need rain from the other side of the world?


Fact:  Rain or not, I am warm and cozy in my study with a great cup of Irish Cream Coffee. This coffee is Cascade Pride Specialty Coffees - it is better than good!






Fact:  I attended Prospect Elementary School at 838 Prospect Avenue, Salem, Ohio 44460 from September 1960 to December 1966. I have very fond memories of my school attendance. Some of my early class mates were Jimmy Houlette, Randy Hodges, Janet Wolfe and Christine Smith.

Fact:  My Elementary school was built in 1896 and additional classrooms were added in 1947. The school was closed in 2007. June 22, 2010 the school was sold to a Ravenna, Ohio couple who plan on renovating it into a residence in order to live in it. The husband was a former student of Prospect Elementary. 


Fact: I am looking forward to the Pacific Northwest IFCA Regional Fall Conference (Oct 3-5) @ the Lewis and Clark Bible Church in Astoria, OR! Love the regionals, both spring and fall.




Fact:  We have been enjoying yellow sweet corn each evening this week compliments of our neighbor's kitchen garden! Thanks Marv and Diane - best corn on the cob we have had.


Fact:  "Your name, O LORD, endures forever, your renown, O LORD, throughout the ages."


Fact:  Gasoline dropped from $3.95 to $3.83 today at my favorite Chevron Station




 


Fact:  I have a VA appointment Saturday in Vancouver for a "full meal deal" check up. Haven't had one of those types of appointments since I went in the Marine Corps in Oct of 1972.



Fact:  Since I took over the cooking duties I have been going in the Grocery Stores with Irene (usually I sit and either read, write, or watch a DVD) and doing the shopping. Irene says I am driving her crazy by a) not sticking to the list; b)  not always choosing the off brand, coupon item; c) spending more than she use to; and d) insisting on fresh rather than canned.




Fact:  Today is the Lord's day and I am looking forward to gathering with the body of the Coal Creek Community Church!  






Fact:  I hooked up with Seams Inspired Monday Facts blog party and so can you!

4 comments:

Petra said...

Great facts, Gregg! Nothing like fresh garden veggies, especially sweet corn. Have a blessed week ahead!

Larri said...

Sound as if you have a busy week shaping up, Gregg! How exciting that your school is being turned into a residence. I love when old buildings are renovated and made current. They just have such character.

Good luck on the check-up and have a fun week! Thanks for linking up. Happy Monday ☺

Anonymous said...

Fact: "Your name, O LORD, endures forever, your renown, O LORD, throughout the ages." Amen & Amen!

Fact: You know how dry it is here in SoCal, so your more than welcome to send some of your rain our way.

Fact: Along with the rain you might as well send me a few ears of corn.

God bless and have a great week Gregg :-)

~Ron

Arlee Bird said...

Always enjoy your Monday facts. Old Geezer should be happy to know rain is coming according to the forecast. Actually it did rain some this morning and it's supposed to rain a lot tomorrow (Wed). It looks and feels like rain so I believe it.


Lee
Tossing It Out