Friday, January 14, 2011

Undeserved Gifts of Grace

The Gospel-driven Disciples has become the recipient of two awards in a single day! That is a first for this site. On January 8th, Larri at Seams Inspired and Yvonne at Welcome to my World of Poetry blessed this undeserving site with the "You Inspire Me Award" and the "Stylish Blogger Award." Thank you very much Larri and Yvonne! You can see these awards along with all the other awards that Gospel-driven Disciples has been awarded on the above tab marked Awards.


The rules for the Stylish Blogger Award included nominating other stylish bloggers. The Gospel-driven Disciples nominate as stylish bloggers:


Finding (Losing) Michelle

I must also share seven things about me with you. I am not sure what I can share that I haven't already shared in a number of other tags, awards, challenges, and posts. I shall try. Here are seven things about me:

1.  My latest poem entitled "This Ole Book" was released on a UAR CD entitled "Father's Child", produced by Jerry Hanlon

2.  I preached my first sermon on a Sunday night in San Jose, CA at the age of 16

3.  I have sat next to and had breakfast with Dr. John MacArthur at a pastor's conference in Federal Way, WA - we had a great conversation about my church.

4.  My first car was a 1963 Pontiac Tempest that I bought with my own money for $100.00

5.  I played the male lead in a high school play as a Western Sheriff where my most repeated line was, "I am the fastest gun in the west."

6.  Real or authenticate Jelly Beans are my favorite candy

7.  I was an interim pastor for 9 months in a California mountain community which the church met in a a 100 year old historical church building (in 1989) with real bats in the belfry and no indoor plumbing. Yes it had a path...


Awarded by Welcome to My World of Poetry


Awarded by Seams Inspired

7 comments:

Alice said...

Congrats Gregg, cool:)

Larri said...

Nice to know you better, Gregg! I've always thought you've had a fabulous blog...now the rest of the blogging community does too. :o)

PS...Isn't the Tempest the same car that was featured in My Cousin Vinny? ;o)

Michelle said...

First of all... congratulations your awards!

Second of all...is it OK if I call you a name dropper? ;) LOL!

Lastly, Thank you! for the award you gave me!

Gregg Metcalf said...

Ma - Thank you very much!

Larri - Glad to oblige. Thank you for your kinds words, I hope someone thinks this is a fabulous blog! Yes, the featured car in My Cousin Vinny was a 1963 Pontiac Tempest.

Michelle - First of all, thank you very much! Second of all, when it comes to the Big Mac, yes you can call me a "name-dropper." I am running out of 3 things, or 5 things, or 7 things to share, third of all, you are very welcome, it was my pleasure!

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Congrats on the other award Gregg, very pleased for you.

Yvonne.

Anonymous said...

Award Congratulations!

My first car was a 1949 Chevy I paid $50 for in 1962. Does that mean I'm old?

~Ron

kc bob said...

Thanks for the award Gregg. Enjoyed your seven things. Happy Sunday. Go Jets!