Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011 Blogging Schedule and Topics





I thought I would change things up a little this year as far a a "blogging schedule goes." Our good friend Arlee Bird from Tossing it Out seems to be far more analytical than me when it comes to finding the key to "blogging success." He conducted surveys and polls to determine what people actually liked about certain blogs and why they followed them so consistently. He surveyed people in some of the following areas:

  • Do readers/followers like long or short posts?
  • What makes an interesting post, or why do you read various posts?
  • What makes you not read certain posts?
  • Do you like a regular schedule? Do you like knowing for example that the same topic will be dealt with on a certain day?
Arlee Bird asked a number of questions looking for observations, input, information, and insight. He then "tailored" his blogging schedule to both his ideas and the results from the survey.

After watching his blog (and his readership and commenting) I chose to be a "copy-cat" and develop a blogging schedule. You can find my schedule under the tab marked blog schedule.

Since this is the start of a new quarter and a new year, I wanted to share with you that I am going to try a new "look" each quarter this year to hopefully keep both you and me from becoming bored with the look of my blog. I am going to post the "planned" schedule of topics you can expect on each day. Let me say three things about this schedule of topics:

  • It is subject to change by the moving of the Holy Spirit
  • It is subject to my stamina and ability to keep up with it
  • It is subject to discovering discouraging and discernible trends of loss of readership or commenting on certain days.
So having said that, allow me to share the upcoming schedule with you: (in case clicking on the above tab is to much for you :)

Sun - Sundays in the Study (Study of I John)

Mon - Monday's Mentor (Quotes, Book Review, Hymn Stories, and Church History events)

Tue - Priceless Pearls (This is my attempt at writing inspiration devotions to meditate on)

Wed - Wednesday's Word (Articles, news, teachings on the subject of discipleship)

Thur - Thursday's Theology (Look at terms, definitions, concepts and theological news)

Fri - Friday's Features (Pot-pouri of stories, humor, jokes, videos, songs, and trivia)

Sat - Walk of Faith... (This is a look events in the walk of faith of the Metcalf's)

*********************
Gospel-driven Disciples name added to this banner courtesy of Edding Eddings @ Calvinistic Cartoons

10 comments:

Patience said...

Wow! Great plan. I feel rather inspired to get some structure into my blogging now. I have a vague, unspoken one happening (when I remember about it). I love your new logo and everything! :-D Looks fantastic.

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

What a great plan Gregg, much thought must have gone into it. I enjoy reading whatever you write as it always give me something to think about.

Have a good day,
Yvonne.

Larri said...

I'm a Type-A who loves her lists. I say 'Go for it!' I like to digest and mull over everything you write. If it's in a scheduled format, my brain will thank you. Looking forward to reading. Happy Sunday! :o)

Folhetim Cultural said...

Olá feliz 2011! Parabéns pelo vosso blog!
Quero hoje que você possa conhecer o trabalho feito no Folhetim Cultural que é o blog pelo qual sou responsável este abaixo é o endereço:
informativofolhetimcultural.blogspot.com
ontem sábado 1º dia do ano, voltamos com as publicações.
Ás 9 horas da manhã minha coluna poética
Às 13 horas O Poeta entrevista quadro de entrevista
e ás 17 horas Chá das 5 onde um poeta colaborador escreve uma coluna poética. Ao longo da semana atualizações são feitas com noticiário cultural, espero que possa contar com seu apoio nessa empreitada e que possa opinar sobre o nosso trabalho agradeço a atenção lhe desejo um ano super!

Magno Oliveira
Folhetim Cultural

Anonymous said...

Looks good Gregg! I'm still trying to navigate the blogging waters. I commend you for your determination to commit every day to a certain subject. I'm finding just one weekly regular feature to be a huge undertaking!
Looking forward to your new schedule!
Blessings!

kc bob said...

Look forward to reading here in the new year Gregg.

Persis said...

I like your topics. I'm looking forward to your posts in 2011!

Arlee Bird said...

I feel honored to have been of some influence on your blog. And I must say you have quite the ambitious schedule set up for the year to come. Wish you all the best with it. Your blog page is looking great! And you have some wonderful topics scheduled.

All the best,
Lee

IanH said...

I guess that I am not too organized because I look forward to the unexpected. Immaturity, on my part?

Anonymous said...

Brother Gregg, if anyone can keep to a blog schedule I would pick you :-)

I hope many bloggers visit, follow and comment on your blog this year.

~Ron