I thought I would change things up a little this year as far a a "blogging schedule goes." Our good friend Arlee Bird from Tossing it Out seems to be far more analytical than me when it comes to finding the key to "blogging success." He conducted surveys and polls to determine what people actually liked about certain blogs and why they followed them so consistently. He surveyed people in some of the following areas:
- Do readers/followers like long or short posts?
- What makes an interesting post, or why do you read various posts?
- What makes you not read certain posts?
- Do you like a regular schedule? Do you like knowing for example that the same topic will be dealt with on a certain day?
After watching his blog (and his readership and commenting) I chose to be a "copy-cat" and develop a blogging schedule. You can find my schedule under the tab marked blog schedule.
Since this is the start of a new quarter and a new year, I wanted to share with you that I am going to try a new "look" each quarter this year to hopefully keep both you and me from becoming bored with the look of my blog. I am going to post the "planned" schedule of topics you can expect on each day. Let me say three things about this schedule of topics:
- It is subject to change by the moving of the Holy Spirit
- It is subject to my stamina and ability to keep up with it
- It is subject to discovering discouraging and discernible trends of loss of readership or commenting on certain days.
Sun - Sundays in the Study (Study of I John)
Mon - Monday's Mentor (Quotes, Book Review, Hymn Stories, and Church History events)
Tue - Priceless Pearls (This is my attempt at writing inspiration devotions to meditate on)
Wed - Wednesday's Word (Articles, news, teachings on the subject of discipleship)
Thur - Thursday's Theology (Look at terms, definitions, concepts and theological news)
Fri - Friday's Features (Pot-pouri of stories, humor, jokes, videos, songs, and trivia)
Sat - Walk of Faith... (This is a look events in the walk of faith of the Metcalf's)
Gospel-driven Disciples name added to this banner courtesy of Edding Eddings @ Calvinistic Cartoons