Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Gospel-driven Disciples Button

Wow! Would you take a look at the button/badge that the Gospel-driven Disciples can display! This beautiful button was produced by our friend Larri at Seams Inspired. It symbolizes and defines this blog site in a unique and beautiful manner.

The title says it all - Gospel-driven Disciples. We are not driven by fads, gimmicks, programs, or any other man made magic shows. The gospel, of which the Apostle Paul nor myself are ashamed of, is what drives or compels me to teach, preach, write, share, and "disciple" God's people.

The Shepherd with his staff symbolizes my call and commitment as an under-shepherd, a pastor, an elder in the church of Jesus Christ.

The outer circle symbolizes the world. We are to take the gospel to Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria, and to the uttermost parts of the world.

The inner circle symbolizes the body of Christ. We are one body, members of each other. We are here to minister and serve one another as we await the return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus the Christ!

The second title is Latin for Gospel-driven Disciples.

The Scripture, Colossians 1:28-29 is my commitment to discipleship, teaching, and training as my ministry in the body of Christ. To this I have committed my life. I wish to be poured out as an offering unto the Lord our God and Savior.

I hope you enjoy this wonderful little creation of Larri and appreciate it and what is stands for as much as I do. I also invite you to place this button on your blog site symbolizing that you are a friend of this blog!

If you are interested in a button that depicts or represents your site contact her at seamsinspired@charter.net.

*************************************
Gospel-driven Disciples will resume its regularly scheduled programming and blogging topics beginning tomorrow morning!

8 comments:

Larri said...

Thanks for the shout-out, Gregg! And thanks for blogging each day with such thought-provoking posts. It's definitely helped me in my walk. Happy Tuesday! :o)

J Curtis said...

Could you review the code? I don't know if it's correct or not. I'm having some difficulty posting it.

Larri said...

Gregg...the updated code works! I just tried it on my blog and it came up fine. :o) You did it!

Michelle said...

Awesome! Most meaningful and thought out button I have yet to see!

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

A wonderful button Gregg, I may just contact her for a button for my blog., thanks for the tip.

Yvonne.

Trisha said...

Great button, Gregg!

Anonymous said...

Sister Larri is very talented. Great button :-)

~Ron

Cathy M. said...

Cool! Soon as I figure out how to do it, I'm nabbing this for my side bar.