Thursday, May 6, 2010
I’m It but not For Long or 5 things 5 times
WHERE WERE YOU FIVE YEARS AGO?
1. February 1st 2005 I was in the process of moving 50 miles north from Vancouver to Longview, WA
2. I was attending the Living Water Community Church of Vancouver, WA
3. I was working for a mortgage broker as a loan officer and processor
4. In August of 2005 I was enjoying a seven day Caribbean Cruise that had been awarded to me as a Christmas Bonus by my employer
5. I was boating and camping around Washington, Oregon, Montana, and Wyoming
WHERE WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE FIVE YEARS FROM NOW?
1. Heaven – to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord
2. The founding and teaching pastor of Central Point Christian Fellowship
3. In the same house I am now
4. The owner of a well trained and behaved Sheltie
5. In my study which is my third favorite place on earth.
WHAT IS ON MY TO DO LIST TODAY?
1. To translate my passage for my Sunday School lesson from the Greek to the English. (John 3:18-21)
2. To organize my working translation into a form from which I can determine the primary meaning of the passage in order to meditate on it today
3. To continue looking for a job, ministry, opportunity, ect.
4. To continue reading A Hunger for God by John Piper
5. To continue working on two messages that I am privileged to preach at Calvary Baptist Church of Longview on May 16th & May 23rd in the AM worship services (Why Did God Create Us? and How to Align Ourselves With His Purpose)
WHAT FIVE SNACKS DO I ENJOY?
2. Ice Cream
4. Potato Chips
WHAT WOULD I DO IF I WERE A BILLIONAIRE?
(I sincerely hope this would never happen to me. I am like King David, I ask God only for enough in order not to have to steal; and not too much that I would forget God. I am afraid of the temptation to love the things of this world and the temptation to use that kind of money to satisfy my own fleshly desires.)
1. I would pay off my house and some prior business debt that I owe.
2. I would buy a used Buick and Silverado
3. I would then set aside enough to get the Central Point Christian Fellowship off the ground and established
4. I would establish a Bible College and foundation in Vancouver, WA
5. I would secretly begin giving the rest away to missionaries, churches, and families with great needs until it was gone.
Now I get to tag five other people - here goes!
Box of Whine
You guys are tagged and you are it! Have fun!!
Posted by Gregg Metcalf at 1:00 AM