Here are seven things that I would humbly suggest that you try this evening instead of spending a late evening out or being up late doing or watching something that in the long run will have no profit today or in eternity.
1. Eat a light dinner that will enable you to digest easily and sleep well.
2. Turn the TV off by 7:00 PM. There isn’t anything on anyways
3. Then determine to spend some time in planned prayer:
- Ask God to open, prepare, and stimulate your heart for Him and His Word
- Pray for the Sunday School Teacher or Bible study leader who will be teaching
- Pray for each SS class member or bible study group member to be open & responsive to the word of God
- Pray for the pastor to be prepared, controlled or influenced by the Holy Spirit, and to prepare His heart to break the bread of life and lead you into the Holy of Holies
- Pray that God will manifest himself in a powerful and glorious manner in your service
- Pray that visitors and guests will be greeted and treated as those whom God specifically brought to your service for His purposes
- Pray that if any one is present that does not know God in Christ, that perhaps today might be the day God would be pleased to grant them eternal life
5. Read from the book of the bible that the pastor is teaching through to prepare your heart for the text
6. Have a treat of some sort as a reward or just because you are an adult and you can.
7. Go to bed early, before 10:00 PM in order to wake up refreshed, rejuvenated, revitalized, and renewed in order to both enjoy and participate in the worship service