Saturday, May 29, 2010

Food Choices & My Favorite Bible Verse...


Tim Hawkins is a good clean comedian.

Some things are funny and some things just aren’t! Have you ever been to a comedy show and felt embarrassed by the base and crude humor that is spewing from the mouth of the comedian? I have often wondered why people seem to think that vulgarity and filth are funny, perhaps some would just call me to puritanical, but I have always been impressed by those who can invoke laughter without using base insinuations. In my search for some good clean fun, I stumbled upon a wonderful clean comedian, Tim Hawkins.



9 comments:

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Excellent videos, and post.

Enjoy your week-end.
Yvonne

LibbyLibbyLibbyLibbyLibby said...

Applause!

Persis said...

The margarine song is one of our favorites.

Arlee Bird said...

Funny stuff. Don't know why so many comedians think that humor has to include a lot of profanity.

Lee
Tossing It Out

Anonymous said...

Very Funny!! I thought "my favorite Bible verse" was very good. Thanks for the laugh. I would also like to say, I agree with Lee.

AL said...

Tim Hawkins is awesome! We've seen him a couple of times at our church.

Lisa said...

I laughed out loud at "My Dodge is an awesome Dodge". :) Enjoyed the "favorite verse", too.
I'm with Arlee and Geezer - don't get the profanity-laden comedy acts.

Have a great Sunday!

Gregg Metcalf said...

Yvone - I thought they were fantastic. Thanks. Glad you enjoyed them.

LLLLL - yes, applause,good humor is hard to find.

PM - I went back and looked the Magerine song and found it. It is funny I liked it too.

OG - glad you liked it. How embarrassing to pick a verse like that out of all of the bible.

Al - how fantastic! I would love to see him in person!

Lisa - yes I have to laugh hard also and I don't even like Dodges. He did a good job!

james said...

Love Tim Hawkins! He's amazingly funny.