Friday, February 5, 2010

The Twenty Third Channel

Since today is “Free & Frivolous Friday” I thought I would share with you a real “blast from the past.” I found this yesterday in an old file that I was going through. Let me say three things if I may:

1) I am not an enemy of T. V. I believe it is like anything else that God has given us; it has an on and off switch and is to be used with both discretion and moderation.

2) I realize this is “out-dated.” It has been around awhile, but we could up date it to include cell-phones, texting, video/electronic games, and etc.

3) Please, resist the temptation to send nasty emails thinking I am the evangelist to get rid of TV’s. I assure you, I am not. I love my Frasier, Burn Notice, CSI, and football like everyone else. I welcome any and all opportunities to interact in regards to any posting, I have posted this for fun, and for all of us to simply take a look at what could be a hindrance to spiritual growth.

The T. V. Set is my shepherd. My spiritual growth shall want.

It maketh me to sit down and do nothing for His name’s sake, because it requireth all my spare time. It keepeth me from doing my duty as a Christian; because it presenteth so many good shows that I must see.

It restoreth my knowledge of things of the world, and keepeth me from the study of God’s Word. It leadeth me in the paths of failing to attend worship services, and doing nothing in the Kingdom of God.

Yea, though I live to be a hundred, I shall keep on viewing my T.V., as long as it will work, for it is my closest companion. Its sounds and its picture, they comfort me.

It presenteth entertainment before me, and keepeth me from doing important things with my family. It fills my head with ideas which differ from those set forth in the Word of God.

Surely, no good thing will come of my life, because my T. V. offereth me no good time to do the will of God; thus I will dwell in spiritual poverty all the days of my life.

from LIFE MESSENGERS
Seattle, WA

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed looking over your blog
God bless you