Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Book Review: Nelson’s Complete Book of Bible Maps and Charts, Third Edition

That is some title but it is some book! This latest edition from Thomas Nelson publishers has combined the introductory information of each book of the bible in the manner of a Bible Hand-Book along with reproducible maps and charts from both the Old Testament and the New Testament.

These maps and charts are in full color, nicely detailed with informative background information, including history, dates, details, and places. This is a very attractive and well laid out reference tool. It is very easy to use; anyone from a new believer to a seasoned pastor can supplement lessons, sermons, or private devotions.

All of the maps and charts can be freely copied for private use. The charts and maps are easily downloadable into PDF formats in order to be printed and copied as handouts in classes or small groups. I found the book to be very informative, very easy to use, and was highly impressed with the high quality, the color, and the annotated maps.

I have found one difficulty at this point. I tried to “copy” some of the downloadable PDF maps in order to paste into my PowerPoint application and ran into some trouble. The map itself, presumably the background, copied and pasted with no problem, but the detailed annotations would not copy and paste onto the PowerPoint slide. That left me with a blank map on my slide.

I believe I will make constant use of this book of bible maps and charts. I believe that you too will find it to be a valuable addition to your reference collection; this is one reference book you will use regularly.

I have received a free copy of this book from Thomas Nelson Publishers in exchange for this review.

2 comments:

John said...

I got my copy in the mail yesterday.

I don't suppose you read the whole thing, did you? If so, my review won't be posted for a while!

Gregg Metcalf said...
This comment has been removed by the author.