Saturday, February 11, 2012

1000th Blog Post!



Gospel-driven Disciples celebrates 1000 Posts!

Who would have thunk it?
Certainly not me!

I began this blog on a cold and snowy February morning in a Motel Six room in Bend, Oregon. It was Thursday, February 19th, 2009.

I followed a link from a blog I had read, discovered Blogger, and wrote three short blogs that morning entitled:
  • Good News - Bad News
  • Sensational Statements
  • Where Would I Be (Without You) 

My first post was a short attempt at simply sharing a gospel presentation.

I couldn't think of anything for a second post so I posted a quote from the Council of Orange, Canon 6

Two posts looked kind of lonely on that plain and uninspiring blogger page, so I posted a song I had written.

Since then I have been tagged, participated in blog fests, Monday Facts, written songs and poems, posted my opinion, written essays, articles, devotions, lessons, and even some gobbledygook. I have striven very hard to produce a first class, informative, and beneficial blog for your good and God's glory. I have also strove very hard to be true to my five reasons for this blog:
  • To exalt the glorious character of our Lord Jesus Christ
  • To expand a passion for the supremacy of God in all things
  • To expound the Scriptures in order to have an accurate understanding of the Word of God
  • To edify or build up my readers in the faith once for all time delivered to the saints

  • To expose my readers to a variety of spiritually beneficial topics, books, articles, thoughts, and people
If I ever loose sight of those five purposes or fail to consistently live up to them, I will put this blog to bed and be done with it. For it will no longer be of any eternal use or benefit.

So, I say two things to you today on the occasion of this 1,000 post:

First, Thank you so very much for reading this blog. Thank you to those who have chosen to follow and to make comments. I love you all so much and cannot tell you how grateful I am.

Second, “…if you find anything here that serves to your furtherance and joy of the faith, impute that to the mercy of God bestowed on you and me. Yours to serve you with what little I have.”

Praise Be to the Living God!



15 comments:

Larri said...

Congratulations on your 1000th post! And thank you for continuing to inspire me on my faith walk. Happy Saturday! ☺

Wanda said...

Wow, congratulations on reaching such a blogging milestone.

Alice said...

Congrats Gregg!

Persis said...

Congratulations, Gregg!!!!

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Congratulations on your 1000th blog Gregg. I have learned much from your posts and above all have made a good friend into bargain.
Here's to the next 1000.

Yvonne.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Brother Gregg!

I've enjoyed reading a good chunk of those 1000 posts over the past 3 years. It's been a good learning experience for me.

Thank you, ~Ron

tadavidson said...

Congratulations Brother, Alliteration even in identifying the purpose of the blog, a true Preacher. haha

Keep the brain moving and the heart sharing.

IanH said...

Gregg, you have been an inspiration to this tired old boy, and to many others. Congratulations.

Eddie Eddings said...

Congrats on your 1,000 posts!
I really enjoyed number 472 and number 764 a lot.

jel said...

WAY to GO!!!!!!!!

Hope ya have many more !! :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats Gregg! Your blog is a true blessing brother! Keep up the good work.

John Patrick Donovan said...

congrats brother, I don't always coment nut I still read. I would like to see what your 2000th post will say.

Petra said...

Congratulations, Gregg! I will continue to enjoy your thought-provoking, insightful, engaging, funny (but never without deeper meanings), educational, edifying, God-centered, Christ-exalting posts. I might have missed some. Blessings!

Josh Litton said...

Well done, Gregg. I remember when you told me about how you got into blogging. It inspired me to get back into blogging.

Arlee Bird said...

1000 posts is quite an achievement. Congratulations and I wish for thousands more.


Lee
An A to Z Co-Host
Tossing It Out
Twitter: @AprilA2Z
#atozchallenge