Thursday, September 12, 2013

What Would The Authentic God look like?


I happened to catch a post by my good friend Bob at Kansas Bob a couple of days ago. I enjoyed Bob's article and thought the questions he posed were great questions.

As you know I chose to answer those questions in a short post of my own. I had hoped to portray a bit of the "authentic me" in order for my readers to learn just a little bit more of me. Certainly not for my glory but for the glory of God because of the grace He has lavished on me as He is currently and constantly at work in me.

I appreciate Susan from Susan's Flutterbys and Bible Treasurer's and Pearls. Her comments are always insightful and graciously supportive. Thank you Susan! :)

She made the following observation in her comment about Bob's posting: 

"What the questions reveal to me is that the focus is on men (and women) but what I like about your answers is that you steer it back to where our focus always needs to be; on Jesus."

That response took me back for a moment. Usually I am quick to catch those posts that are man-centered rather than God-centered. I missed that this time. I didn't think of the questions as man-centered, I was intrigued with searching my heart and discovering what I thought.

So, in response to Susan's keen eye and insightful comment, I thought I would look at Scripture and see how God would answer these questions.

Q.  What matters most to you?
A.  My name. It represents my nature and character

"O LORD, How excellent is Your name in all the earth. Who have set your glory above the heavens?" (Psalm 8:1, NKJV)

Q.  What is most important to you O, God?
A.   My glory! God' character and nature is most important to God

"I am the LORD, that is my name; and my glory I will not give to another, nor My praise to carved images." (Isaiah 43:4, NKJV)

Q.  What motivates you God?
A.   My pleasure motivates me

"...for I am God and there is none like Me, Declaring the end from the beginning and from ancient times things that are not yet done, Saying My counsel shall stand, And I will do all My pleasure." (Isaiah 46:10, NKJV)

Q.  What would you do on Saturday morning if time, distance, and money were of no issue?
A.  See answer above (...I will do all My pleasure.)

Q.  What brings out your authentic character God?
A.  My Son

"If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him...Have I been with you so long, and you have not known Me, Phillip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father...Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father in me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on my own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works. Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me..." (John 14:7-11, NKJV)

Q.  When do you sense you are the real you?
A.  Exodus 3:6, 14; Exodus 6:2


1 comment:

Susan said...

There is no other God except THE REAL God. We can hide behind whatever mask, hiding our corruption. God does not hide behind a mask. He covers His righteousness only because seeing His full glory right now would kill us....where we hide our unrighteousness and filth to protect ourselves, He covers His glory and perfection to protect us and give us time to search Him out.

Interesting comparison ;-) and thank you for the link to my little blog site.