Monday, March 29, 2010
Another Award for Gospel Driven Disciples!
So, here goes, seven things about myself that you don't know. Hopefully, you will find them interesting and we can interact on any one or all seven of them.
1. I graduated from Shasta Bible College in Redding, CA
2. I intended on planting or starting a church in Longview, WA
3. I bought my first drum set with my paper route money at age 11 and learned to play drums by putting George Jones, Merle Haggard, Johnny Cash, and Buck Owens on the record player.
4. I co-won a national song-writers contest in 1999 sponsored by Jerry Hanlon and UAR Records with a song I co-wrote called "Haggard and Jones."
5. I have owned two Shelties, one named Lassie and one named Luke. My cat is named Theophilus which was the Roman official who became a believer and Luke felt bound to confirm in the faith by writing both the Gospel of Luke and the Historical narrative called Acts.
6. My favorite gospel is the Gospel of Luke
7. My favorite in door “sport” is reading
Now the hard part! How do you chose seven fellow bloggers out of all those who have been a blessing to me! So, I have decided to nominate and award the following seven bloggers with The Beautiful Blog Award.
1. Pilgrim Mommy at Tried by Fire - she is a beautiful blogger, always positive and moving foward in faith.
2. Kim from the Upperward Call - she is a careful and thoughtful writer that always leaves me thinking.
3. Whitestone from Wanna Walk Along? - she is an amazing woman in a tremendous battle with cancer, yet is positive, interesting, and I enjoy reading her posts.
4. Ian at Life on Acreage - great homespun writing from a true gentleman
5. Bob over at Paradox Principles - he writes great informative posts that make me think
6. Dan at Biblical Christianity - his posts are wild, make me laugh, think, and say hmmmm.
7. John at While We Sojourn - his blog is always informative, interesting, and always inspiring
In the words of Lee at Tossing it Out; I quote: "Hope everyone will drop by and give these bloggers a word of encouragement. And you award winners: relish it, display it proudly if you want to, and pass it on to some others if you want to take the time to recognize bloggers whom you appreciate."
Posted by Gregg Metcalf at 1:00 AM