Saturday, April 27, 2013

X-Men

A - Twenty-Six TV Shows Z

Never saw this program. But it started with "X"

The X-Men are a team of mutant superheroes in the Marvel Universe. They were created by writer Stan Lee and artist Jack Kirby, and first appeared in The X-Men #1 (September 1963). The basic concept of the X-Men is that under a cloud of increasing anti-mutant sentiment, Professor Xavier created a haven at his Westchester mansion to train young mutants to use their powers for the benefit of humanity, and to prove mutants can be heroes.[1] Xavier recruited CyclopsIcemanAngelBeast, and Marvel Girl, calling them "X-Men" because they possess special powers due to their possession of the "X-gene," a gene which normal humans lack and which gives mutants their abilities. Early on, however, the "X" in X-Men stood for "extra" power which normal humans lacked. It was also alluded to that mutations occurred as a result of radiation exposure.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't see this either.


Hope you are feeling better today.
Take care.
Yvonne.

Bethie said...

Ok, so now after I finish White Collar I'm going to have to put in my x-men VHS--Yes, VHS. I taped all the cartoons! Gambit Rocks!

Scott said...

As a kid in the 70s I collected comics, and XMen was a favorite. Have to admit that I've only seen maybe one of these cartoons. Did see the motion pictures, which had their moments. In all, it's an ode to evolution, which I know I should avoid like the plague, but those childhood heroes, you know.