Thursday, September 2, 2010

Today's Pop Quiz

Are You Ready? Bible Up! Go!

Take some time to think through these questions. When you find the answers in the scripture, take some time to:

Read the passage carefully, observing the passage thoroughly. Meditate on the main idea or thought of the passage. Principalize the text for application. We know "bible answers" but do we know bible principles? Do these principles influence our lives. If you are so inclined I would love to see, not just your answers but your meditations. Email me at askpastorgregg@gmail.com

1. John came to prepare the way for whom?

2. What two amazing things happened when Jesus was baptized?

3. How did Jesus prove He has the power to forgive sins?

4. What did Jesus call Himself?

5. Is it possible for a person who has received the word to fall away (see also Galatians 5:4)?

6. What part did the farmer play in the growth of the seed?

7. How did Jesus calm the storm?

8. What had been Jesus’ profession before He began His ministry?

9. Why had Herod arrested John the Baptist?

10. What causes a person to be defiled?

10 comments:

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

A good idea to have a quiz, but I am afraid I don't know the answers.
That's me being honest.

Have a good day Gregg.
Yvonne.

Larri said...

Hmmm...I suspect it will take me the better part of my day to find all the scripture to back up my answers. I'll check back with you later today. Great post! Happy Thursday! :o)
Larri at Seams Inspired

Persis said...

These are great questions because you have to dig into the scriptures for the answers.

Brad said...

Great list of questions, Gregg. Also, I think there are three amazing things that happen at Jesus' baptism.

Brad said...

You know, on second thought, I shouldn't just say these are great without giving some answers.

1. The Lord Jesus.
2. What if there are three? The heavens opened, the Holy Spirit descended like a dove and God spoke.
3. He healed the crippled man lowered through the roof.
4. The Son of Man, The Resurrection and the Life, the Good Shepherd, the Alpha and Omega, the Bread of Life, the Fountain of Living Waters, the Door, the I am.
5. What do you mean by "received?" If you mean in the seed that grew up in the shallow soil sense, then yes.
6. Zip. Zilch. Nada. He plants and waters only.
7. He rebuked it: Be still.
8. Occupation: Carpenter. Profession: Son of God.
9. He was angry at John for pointing out that he had taken his brother's wife - so ultimately, for pointing out his very public sin.
10. If I'm tracking with the verse you're eluding to...it's what comes out of a man that defiles the man - in context, what comes out of a man's mouth defiles him. Ultimately it's his wicked heart that brings the evil up and out, but even still, it is original sin that put the wicked heart in place to set the train in motion to begin with.

John said...

Great quiz. I agree with Brad's answers. I'll add that the farmer might cultivate and water. But still, he has nothing to do with the growth.

Thanks for the great review! I gave it a helpful vote.

Gregg Metcalf said...

Yvonne - thanks for reading. Stay tuned, I will give the answers next week some time.

Seems Inspired - thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment. I appreciate it. Hope you find some time and mediate on the principles of these wonderful questions.

Persis - (Love that you changed your moniker) Thanks - they are good questions, seeminly easy, but the principles render deep truths when meditated upon.

Brad - Thanks. Yes, you can say three things, I mainly was thinking of the opportunity given to John and then the affirmation of the Trinity.

Brad - great answers buddy!!

John - thanks. I know you gave some quizzes to your youth group. You are welcome for the review, it definitely was my pleasure.

Anonymous said...

Brad's the winner!

RaD said...

I just popped over because of your answer on Old Geezer's blog about the need for parents to be careful how or whom they let teach their children about "religion."

Just wanted to say that I agreed with your answer completely.

And I like this quiz and answered all the questions as I went along. But alas it is too late at night for me to be typing them all out here. My answers were mostly the same as Brad's anyways so he wins!

Brad said...

I didn't even know we were competing guys! ;o)

To our Lord be the glory.