Friday, November 12, 2010

You and Me and Time

Thank God this is Free-For-All Friday! I know this doesn't have much to do with Gospel-driven Disciples, but I just had to share this. If you were to list all my faults, my greatest fault (I didn't say greatest sin-different story) is that I love George Jones. I even wrote a tribute song to him that was fine-tuned with a co-writer and recorded on UAR Records by Garry Johnson called Haggard and Jones. This is George Jones and his daughter by Tammy Wynette. She sounds very similar to her mother. Listen to the lyrics, what a beautiful song. Georgette wrote this song for her Dad. George still has it even at 80 years old.

Even though this is a country song it is never to late to establish or re-establish relationships with family members. George was led to Christ in his 70's by Vestal Goodman.





*****************************************
30 Days of Thanksgiving


I am thankful that we have access to the Father through the "veil" by the blood of His dear Son, Jesus Christ who opened a way by His Death. I now can come into the the very presence of God, into the holy of holies by His Sacrifice. (Hebrews 10)

2 comments:

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Loved the videos Gregg,

Have a great week-end.

Yvonne.

Anonymous said...

There is always something special about father and daughter relationships. I have 3 daughters and each one of them has a special place in my heart.

Thanks for posting a great video Gregg :-)

~Ron