1. come to your devotional time with the expectation of meeting God in His Word
2. come to your devotional time with the expectation of being changed by God
3. come to your devotional time with the expectation to grow Spiritually
Your time of devotion, whether morning or evening is a meeting. It is not a mechanical habit. It is a meeting with the living God. Don’t miss the person in the meeting. We have the tendency to stumble over dollars while trying to pick up dimes.
- Get alone with God – remove all distractions including computer, radio, etc.
- Ask God for a hunger for Him – He is the prize! He is the brass ring.
- Desire and ask God for freshness in your time of devotion
- Principlize the text you are studying – what principles are drawn from your passage
- Practice what you have learned
Please, take a minute and with a comment share your practice. It would certainly bless me and just might bless others as you take this time to honor our glorious God.
Looking forward to reading about your devotional time!