As I read, meditated over, and prayed about the encounter that Jesus had with the Samaritan woman at the well in Sychar I learned some valuable truths about presenting the gospel. I share them with you with hopes that they will be beneficial towards your gospel presentation opportunities.
- Jesus engaged in conversation with a Samaritan woman - we can engage anyone with the gospel
- Jesus engaged in dialogue with this woman by using a common place need in her physical life - physical thirst & the need to constantly draw water
- Jesus did not press her for a "decision" when she asked for the water Christ spoke of - Jesus slowed the process down in order for her to fully understand why she need this living water
- Jesus knew she wasn't asking from the right motive - she wanted his "water" in order not to get thirsty again nor to need to draw water again
- Jesus had to get her to admit sin and her real need of spiritual water - he made her aware of her sin (adultery & fornication)