Monday, February 3, 2014

Fifty-Nine and Little Crazy


Today I turned fifty-nine and I'm startin' to go crazy
memories of the good life are now growin' hazy
can't remember what I had hoped to one day find
had a lot of dreams but never made any mine




Beginning to wonder what is up and ahead now
don't know where to go and I'm wondering how
I might find who I am again and where I belong
where did I get lost, tell me where have I gone

Yesterday is just a memory tomorrow seems dark
I had plans in the making but they've been torn apart
and now I'm fifty-nine looking back not yet dying
seems so long ago can't give up gotta keep trying

If there was chance to be me again I would take it
need just one reason I know that I could make it
I want to break free and run against the wind
wanna feel the sunshine on my face again

But I'm fifty-nine and startin' to go crazy
memories of the good life are now growin' hazy
had a lot of dreams that I wanted to find
but lost them all before I made them mine

Yea, startin' to go a little crazy
my memories are growin' hazy

10 comments:

IanH said...

Congratulations, Gregg! I am having trouble remembering back that far:-{

Eddie Eddings said...

Brother Gregg...you are just a day older. Happy Birthday from a 64 year old who has never acted his age. Stay young at heart and you'll be fine.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Gregg, loved the verse.


You have a many years to catch me up,
This year I reach a new decade,
Can't say I'm looking forward to the event,
But that's the way life is made.

Enjoy the sunrise of each day,
The sunset of each night.
And never ever let hope disappear
From your horizons and sight.

Once again HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

YVONNE.

Gregg Metcalf said...

Ian - thanks! I know what you mean.

Yvonne - thanks! great poem

Eddie - I know bro, just a little fun parody of getting older.

Judy said...

Happy Birthday Gregg!

It's been a long long time since I've visited. Hope the Lord is blessing you much in the New Year.

Judy
Walking With God
Judith Riddle Photography

MomRunsTheRace said...

Hi
I'm hosting a reformed link up please come share your blog posts
We'd love to have you
Theworshipset.blogspot.com

Larri said...

Happy Birthday, Gregg!
Love your take on aging. :)
Hope your day was wonderful.

Arlee Bird said...

I hear a hit song in those words. You need to record it.

Happy Birthday my friend!

Lee
A Few Words

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday Gregg!

Petra said...

I like your poem! Happy Belated Birthday! Have been going a bit crazy myself; amnesia is even helpful at times, but only at times. Hope you are well.