Monday, February 24, 2014

Exposed By the Cross

Chew on this for awhile:


"The cross exposes me before the eyes of other people, informing them of the depth of my depravity. If I wanted others to think highly of me, I would conceal the fact that a shameful slaughter of the perfect Son of God was required that I might be saved. But when I stand at the foot of the cross and am see by others under the light of that cross, I am left uncomfortably exposed before their eyes. Indeed, the most humiliating gossip that could ever be whispered about me is blared from Golgotha's Hill; and my self-righteous reputation is left in ruins in the wake of its revelations. With the worst facts about me thus exposed to the view of others, I find myself feeling that I truly have nothing left to hide.

...I give thanks for the gospel's role in forcing my hand toward self-disclosure and the freedom that follows."

Taken from Milton Vincent's, A Gospel Primer for Christians, p. 34

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great to read Gregg.

Yvonne.