Saturday, December 29, 2012

Saturdays with Spurgeon #21



Spurgeon on Trials and Suffering

"There is no university for a Christian, like that of sorrow and trial."

"In the greatness of our troubles there may often be space for the greater display of the goodness of God!"

"There is no greater mercy that I of on earth than good health except it is sickness, and that has often been a greater mercy to me than health."

"I bear my witness that some of the best things I have ever learned from mortal lips, I have learned from bedridden saints!"

"All our infirmities, whatever they are, are just opportunities for God to display His gracious work in us."

_________________________________________ 
Happy 59th Birthday to my dear and loving wife
Irene H Metcalf, of Longview, WA

1 comment:

YVONNE'S POETRY CORNER said...

Happy birthday to your dear wife and many more to come.

Yvonne.