Five Things I Was Reminded of on Sunday
1. Hypocrisy is a very serious sin with horrific consequences. (Matt 23:1-36)
2. Sin is so ugly, deforming, and repulsive to God that He chose to teach us how ugly it is by representing it by leprosy
3. As ugly as sin is and as horrible as leprosy can be, the residual of sin which dwells in my unredeemed flesh can lure and entice me to succumb to temptation
4. God’s grace is absolutely unspeakable in its fullest expression
5. The Lord’s Table is a very moving, comforting, and gracious expression of God’s kindness towards us who are so prone to forget the how, the why, the who, and the what of redemption.