Wednesday, September 26, 2012

"The Church does not rest on man or on any number of men. And if the day should come - and personally I believe that some of the younger people here may see it - when a faithful man will be so scarce that you will have to hunt for him, and there shall be apostasy on the right hand and on the left, and the pillars of the Churches (not of the Church) give way on every hand, and it seems dark beyond all power of exaggeration, even in that day the Lord will say unto his people, 'I bear up the pillars of it. My Church is not dependent upon man. I live eternally and my eternal life is her eternal guarantee.'"

Archibald G. Brown,
Pastor, East London Tabernacle
"Who Bears the Pillars?", May 15, 1892

1 comment:

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Loved the post Gregg, you have so much knowledge it's always a pleasure to visit here.

Yvonne.