Apparently Leroy Jethro Gibbs from NCIS has rules, called Gibbs' Rules, that he enforces with everyone on his team. In season three, episode five (5) called "Switch" he told Ziva that there are approximately fifty rules. However, only a few rules have been revealed.
So, when it comes to reading and books, I must have rules that I enforce also. I must also have approximately fifty (50) rules, since Gibbs is no better than me. Since I just learned of this, only a few of my rules have been revealed. Here are the ones that have been revealed thus far. Stay tuned for further revelation.
1. Never let good theological books remain unread
2. Never handle books without tender loving care
3. Never overpay for books; use www.cheapestbookprice.com
4. Never depend upon someone else for study – study and verify yourself
5. Never be too busy to read
6. Never keep a good book to yourself – always share beneficial truths with others, especially me
7. Never take a good theological book for granted; cherish them as a grandmother cherishes her grandchildren
8. Never read a book without a pen or pencil
9. Never read a book without becoming involved with the book and the author
10. When you finish a really good book recommend it others, especially me