Here is my famous pan fried tilapia!
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Stir peppercorns, mustard seeds, and cumin seeds in a small skillet over medium heat until toasted, about 2 minutes. Let cool. Put the next six ingredients into a spice grinder and pulse until finely ground. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
- 4 (4 ounce) fillets tilapia
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Dry Rub
- Rinse tilapia fillets in cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Season both sides of each fillet with salt and pepper. Rub the dry mixture of spices into the fish. Place the flour in a shallow dish; gently press each fillet into the flour to coat and shake off the excess flour.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat; cook the tilapia in the hot oil until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 4 minutes per side. Brush the melted butter onto the tilapia in the last minute before removing from the skillet. Serve immediately.