Monday, July 18, 2011

Factual Monday!

Fact:   Irene and I thoroughly enjoyed our whirlwind trip to El Dorado Hills, CA to celebrate and honor her mother, Lupe Torres on her 80th birthday!

Fact:   The Buick ran like a champion race horse, averaging 35 miles to a gallon of gasoline. Gas averaged 3.83 on the way down and back. We traveled 1,727.8 miles round trip between Thursday 1:30 PM and Sunday 11:00 PM. We saw Klamath Falls, OR; Alturas, Cedarville, Susanville, CA; Reno, NV; Modesto, El Dorado Hills, CA.

Fact:   I truly am thankful to God and absolutely enjoyed a return visit to Cedarville, CA after a 25 year absence. The town has not changed a bit. I truly love that little valley!

Fact:   After living here in the Pacific Northwest for over 22 years I was not acclimated to the CA heat; it was too hot for me. Give me 70 degree days and 50 degree nights!

Fact:   Irene and I rediscovered how much we love, missed, desired, and cherished the high desert! We love elevations of around 4-5K, sage brush, juniper trees, cactus, and all the flora and fauna of the high desert.

Fact:   God is always at work revealing the ugliness of sin present in my heart, his grace in forgiving my sin, and His desire to conform me to the image of His Son even while on vacation. Irene and I were accused of stealing a pillow and pillow case from the JNR Hotel of Cedarville, charged the price of it on our card, and “abused” via the telephone by the owner. The problem: when packing the car Irene packed one of their pillows by mistake while leaving her pillow that she had brought from home; my sin – getting angry with the owner when she accused us of stealing and yelling at me; my conviction – I was wrong to respond that way; my actions – I repented and asked for forgiveness. By the way, we mailed the pillow back the same day of the phone altercation. Praise God for His faithfulness. How I hate sin, especially my sin!

Fact:   I was very pleased that 11 year old Anna Graceman was put through to the semi-final rounds on America’s Got Talent! Thus far she is my favorite although I fear; if history is any indicator, this will probably ruin her life.

Fact: I'm linking up with my friend Larri over at Seams Inspired today.  Hop on over and join in!


___________________________________________________
Join the Gospel-driven Disciples each Monday as we continue to link with Seams Inspired on bringing you "Monday Facts."

7 comments:

Larri said...

FACT - I'm happy your trip was fabulous and fun!

FACT - Proverbs 21:23 is one I strive for daily...and usually fail.

FACT - I enjoyed this post.

FACT - Hope you have a marvelous Monday! ☺

Thanks for linking up today, Gregg. Your facts post is wonderful.

Mike said...

FACT: I am the worst sinner I know!

Petra said...

Great facts! I'll have to link up one of these days. :-)

mikew116 said...

Glad you enjoyed your trip despite the "bump in the road" you encountered.

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

So pleased you and Irene enjoyed your trip and got back safe and sound.

Yvonne.

John Patrick Donovan said...

heres a fact every time I do something stupid something I should know better than to do, I realize more and more what a sinner I am and how I would have know hope apart from Christ and how my security does not depend on what I do but on what Christ did.

kc bob said...

35mpg?! That is great Gregg! What kind of Buick is it?

I can relate to getting angry. Thanks for sharing that part with us too.

I too am rooting for Anna even though I don't get to see the show much here in Chicago.