Thursday, January 7, 2016

Loving God for Who He Is

Scripture:  Selected Scriptures

Observation:

God is most glorified in me when I am most satisfied in Him. It is this satisfaction in God that keeps me from loving the things of this world. The reason that I don't find satisfaction in God is that I often find satisfaction in the things of this world. God has promised to fill me to the full and quench my thirst yet I rarely believe Him. Too many things satisfy my heart - I have yet to find a way to make God better than life.

Application:

I need to taste the Lord in order to experience and be convinced that He really is good. Since the essence of loving God is to be fully satisfied in him, the application for me is to find ways of feeding on his goodness and having become full of God find satisfaction in him.

Sin to Confess:  Failing to find satisfaction in God by being satisfied by anything that is not God

Promise To Claim:  By tasting the Lord, he promised to be found good, delightful, satisfying

Example to Copy:  David, Paul, Asaph

Error to Consider:  Believing that duty rather than delight is the way to glorify God

Command to Complete:  Delight in the Lord; Serve w/gladness; Rejoice in the Lord

Hypothesis to Construe:  God is most glorified when I am most satisfied in Him

Prayer:

Father, since you are most glorified when I am most satisfied in you, and I am to delight in you, I ask that you would enable me to taste your goodness, to delight in you, and to dwell in your presence all the days of my life in order to behold the beauty of the Lord.

1 comment:

nashvillecats2 said...

Lovely and true words Gregg.
Enjoy your week-end.
Yvonne.