Friday, March 27, 2015

April's Blog Format Announced


Inspired by NashvilleCats (2) Poems by Yvonne’s blog I am going to attempt to write a poem for each of the 26 letters of the Alpha-Bet based on people, places, and things in the Bible. Yvonne has been writing poetry almost daily on her blog for a number of years. She has actually had two books of poetry published.

Most of you know I am a frustrated poet/songwriter at heart. God has blessed me with having three of my songs recorded. The first was a labor of love written as a response to a sermon series I was preaching and it was recorded by a local church for distribution called Hand in Hand. The second was a country and western song I co-wrote called Haggard and Jones. The third song recorded was a song about the bible called This Ole Book. The late Jerry Hanlon of UAR Records produced and recorded the last two songs.

I have written hundreds of would be poems and songs since I first rewrote a Johnny Cash song called the Long Black Veil while I was a recruit in boot camp. Many poems and songs have been written for my blog.

So, I hope to encourage, edify, entertain, and exhort you over the next 26 of 30 days. I will attempt to write or include a self-written poem Monday through Saturday. Sunday we “have off.” However, I will post my weekly message on Sunday as I usually do at this time. 

I hope you will join me each day. Please, I implore you to leave a comment. Remember, since I haven’t earned a dime yet on anything I have written, I am still an amateur and not a professional. Therefore, please be kind – honest, but kind. Thank you!

No comments: