Monday, August 11, 2014

Gospel-Driven Disciples Announces Retirement!

I first heard about blogging in February of 2009. I was up early, surfing the net in a Motel 6, on a cold, snowy, February morning in Bend, Oregon. I was on temporary assignment managing an American General Branch. I had come across an article by Abraham Piper giving six reasons why pastors should blog.

Needless to say I took the challenge. I found e-blogger that morning and the Gospel-driven Disciples was born. I have tried to produce a sound, solid, and scriptural blog that would exalt our Sovereign God, edify Saints, and evangelize sinners.

I have enjoyed my blog immensely. I have looked forward to almost each and every post. However, I have found that it is becoming more and more difficult to keep up with my studies, sermon preparation, and my desire to write a book.

Recently I have begun a new project that takes up most of my time. As you have noticed the time that I have had to develop quality posts has declined. I have not had the time to post each day as I did over the last several years.

Therefore I am announcing my retirement as a blogger on the Gospel-driven Disciples. The Gospel-driven Disciples Blog will come to a close on December 31, 2014. I will try to produce a quality and uplifting blog as often as possible until that day.

I cherish each and every one of you who have stopped by and commented on my posts will stay with me during this transition. I would like however to say, 'Thank you, thank you, thank you' to every loyal reader. I love everyone of you.

No, you are not going to get rid of me that easily. If you desire you can still follow my blogging on a new blog that I have toyed with over the last several months. I am now going to attempt to post daily in this new blog. I trust that you will follow me to my new blog and follow that blog just as you did this one. 

This new blog is entitled North Kelso Baptist Church and you can find it at northkelsobc.blogspot.com. You can also check out a new website under construction at www.northkelsobaptistchurch.com

In addition to church news and announcements, I will continue to expose my readers to valuable books, writers, pastors, sermons, theological issues, biblical exposition, personal commentary and opinion, my warped sense of humor, and various other things of importance to today's believers.

Please continue to follow on my blog by joining the site, reading it each day, praying diligently for its content to both honor God and help the believer, and by leaving a comment. Please don't go away! :)



7 comments:

Larri said...

Happy Retirement, Gregg! I will miss your posts here. I've learned so much from you. Just signed up at your new blog, so very happy to know I can keep on learning. Happy Monday! :)

EnglishRose said...

Happy retirement Gregg sorry to see you go and lose a friend.

Yvonne.

Scott said...

Seasons come and go. I know you'll continue to offer sound content on the church blog and I look forward to it.

Eddie Eddings said...

When God leads...you follow. Please drop all your blog brothers and sisters a line or two ever so often...and may God continue to bless!

Persis said...

Thanks for consistently sharing the truth on this blog. I look forward to reading your new blog.

Anonymous said...

We'll sure miss your blog Gregg, but I totally understand.
Thanks so much for all the time and effort you put in here. May God bless you and Irene and you serve His people up there in Kelso.

PS. I hope you plan to leave this blog up. :)

Susan said...

Thanks Gregg, don't always comment but thank you for your perseverance and dedication.