Monday, May 27, 2013

Thank You USA Armed Forces!



Thank you to All Veterans Who Served
Honorably, Faithfully,and Sacrificially!

Thank You!

I served from October 1972 to October 1975 in the United States Marine Corps in the following units:

2nd Battalion, Platoon 2134, MCRD San Diego

2nd Marine Air Wing - MAG 26 - HMM-261 -  MCAS New River, Jacksonville, NC (Raging Bulls)

2nd Marine Air Wing - MAG 26 - HMH-461 - MCAS New River,  Jacksonville, NC (Ironhorse)

1st Marine Air Wing - MAG 12 - VMA-211, MCAS Iwakuni, Japan (Avengers)

2nd Marine Air Wing - MAG 31 - VMA-311, MCAS Beaufort, South Carolina (Tomcats)

After my honorable discharge I served as a reservist in two units:

4th Marine Aircraft Wing - 4th Light Antiaircraft Missile Battalion, (4th LAAM), FMF, USMCR, Fresno, CA as a Marine Corps Reservists. (Hawk Missile Unit)

152nd Airlift Wing, Nevada Air National Guard, Reno, NV 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you summed up memorial Day very well Gregg.

Yvonne.

Gregg Metcalf said...

Thank you so much. I enjoyed the majority of my time with the Marine Corps.

Persis said...

Happy Memorial Day to you and Irene, and thank you for your service.