Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Doctrine Does Divide




Over the last forty (40) years I have written a number of quotes, comments, pithy sayings, and poems in the fly-leafs of my bibles. Each Tuesday I am going to share those various entries from my bibles with you. I hope they will be as much of blessing to you as they have been to me. Sometimes I will be able to give credit where credit is due and sometimes I won’t be able to credit the source. I apologize for this to each one who contributed these gems over the last forty (40) years.

TODAY'S TREASURE:

Doctrine separates those
who believe in Scripture from those 
who don't believe in Scripture

5 comments:

kc bob said...

I have also noticed that doctrine separates brothers and sisters who both believe in the scriptures but do not accept the same doctrines. Sad how minor theological differences can divide when they are made major issues.

jean said...

Doctrine does matter and if a doctrine is not scriptural, I cannot hold to it. The doctrine of the gospel of Jesus Christ is supremely important and will divide, just as the Lord said.

Gregg Metcalf said...

I think the greatest and grossest of all calamities is to separate from Christian brothers. Every pain, every stitch must be taken to prevent Christians from being cut off from each other. However, at times, when biblical teaching is compromised, twisted,or denied and repentance is not forth coming, separation must take place. May God's grace forever keep us from dividing over minor issues and God forbid dividing over preferences.

Anonymous said...

A good quote Gregg.

Yvonne.

Anonymous said...

LOL...very thoughtful quote Gregg~ Yes...of course it divides if it is Scriptural~! Everything must align with His WORD~ He wants us to seek Him in HIS WORD~ :) ♥♥♥