Over the last forty (40) years I have written a number of quotes, comments, pithy sayings, and poems in the fly-leafs of my bibles. Each Tuesday I am going to share those various entries from my bibles with you. I hope they will be as much of blessing to you as they have been to me. Sometimes I will be able to give credit where credit is due and sometimes I won’t be able to credit the source. I apologize for this to each one who contributed these gems over the last forty (40) years.
- expose and eradicate my self-righteousness
- expose and eradicate the sin that resides in me
- expose and eradicate the distorted view of who I am
- expose and eradicate anything that usurps the place of Christ as my hope
- expose and eradicate anything that opposes, hinders, or stifles God's eternal goal for my life - to be like Him
it is not a system/activity, but Christ's work on the cross that can rescue me from my sin
I need help to see how desperate my condition really is. I need my heart changed.
I need help to see how weak, blind, and vulnerable sin makes me
I need wisdom and correction daily
I am so needy and weak apart from Christ
It gives me victory over sin and a maturity in Christ
It keeps me from getting that I am but a sinner saved by grace and I need Christ daily