Thursday, November 9, 2017

Why Read the Bible Regularly?

Image result for regular bible reading

As I was meditating on my assigned reading today, a thought happened to strike me. As I forced my tired eyes open and tried to "clear" my foggy brain, I mused about the effort it took to keep my "habit" of daily reading the bible.


The reason dawned on me that the reason I do my best to keep my appointment with God regularly, was so that God through His Word can do a deep work in my soul for His glory and my good. I actually am hoping with a zealous desire that God will do at least four (4) things in my life as I regularly read, study, and meditate in His Word. These four (4) works are:

  • that God wold continue to free me from habitual sin, or what Paul called "besetting sins."
  • that God would heal wounds from my past
  • that God would reveal His will for my life
  • that God would instruct me in the ways of righteous living
Allow me to encourage you to establish these same goals from your bible reading. Please, read the bible regularly!

No comments: