Monday, November 6, 2017

Why Do I Hate, Fear, Loathe, Despise, and Resist Death?

This morning as I began to pray, I prayed for the families of those killed yesterday in Texas. I even thanked God that no gunman had broken into the services of the Trinity Bible Church yesterday. 

Then as I read from my devotional this morning, the first question for me to consider was in essence, "Why do I resist death?" Why are we so loathe to die and depart this sin-soaked world to posses an everlasting rest promised by God? 

Richard Baxter wrote, "If God enacted a law for the continuance of our life until we are truly willing, heaven might be empty, and our lives on this earth would be very long." He also adds, "O, if we would believe the promises of glory, we would be impatient for living."

 Now, I am not going to run out this morning into the path of a bus, but I hope I love Christ and the hope of glory more than I love this life. 

1 comment:

nashvillecats2 said...

For a couple of years Gregg I have had fear, of illness and death as I am totally alone. I did feel for the family and friends of those killed in your country......awful to read and see on TV.
Another great post.

Yvonne.