Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Stir Up the Coals of Your Soul!

Image result for stirring coals

Samuel Ward once said, "Unstirred coals do not glow or give heat." Do you know what he meant?

Stir up your soul by meditating on the great truths and promises of Scripture. Stir up, chew on, think on them, and view them as often as you need to in order for your soul to glow and give off "heat."

Mingle your meditations with prayer. Think on the things of God until your heart is warmed and you are overflowing with joy. Then sing praises unto our God!

3 comments:

nashvillecats2 said...

I have certainly "Stirred My coals" as yet another problem have hit my life. I will NOT give up ir give in.
Thanks for a wonderful post Gregg.

Yvonne.

kc bob said...

Reminds me of 2 Timothy 1:6-7.

Gregg Metcalf said...

I can see a relationship. 2 Timothy is dealing with the stirring or agitation of the spiritual gift given to each believer, which is certainly necessary. I think Ward's comment was more use the graces that God has given us to agitate the health and well-being of our soul so that we might say with Spafford, "It Is Well With My Soul." Good relationship, thanks Bob.