Monday, July 1, 2013

Wherefore Art Thou O Rain?

Monday Morning Musings


First, I am reminded once again why I love Southwest Washington, we get: 

46 inches of rain


4 inches of snow

Average maximum 
temperature: 61 degrees


Average low temperature: 41 degrees

So, why I muse was it 93 degrees yesterday and why is it going to be 91 degrees today? Where is the rain that I love so much. Bah humbug on this heat-wave. Thank you Lord I am not in Death Valley today!

Second, wonderful opportunity of gathering with the local body of Christ at Coal Creek Community Church. Was aptly reminded that believers can be fickle and childish, but thank God He loves us anyways and is mucho long-suffering.

Third, I learned that it is not a good idea to pick your laptop up by the open "lid," especially if you slip and your thump applies sufficient enough pressure to "kill" your screen. Laptop screen 0 - Gregg's thumb 1.

Fourth, had left over chili and corn bread yesterday for supper. Forgive me for saying, I make a "mean" homemade chili!

Fifth, received a free 1599 Geneva Bible and am enjoying reading this translation for my morning devotions. (No, it is not in old English - it was modernized so I could recognize it) Here is an example of Romans 1:1-6 from Tyndale's Bible.


 Paul the seruaut of Iesus Christ called to be an Apostle put a parte to preache the Gospell of God
2 which he promysed afore by his Prophetes in the holy scriptures
3 that make mension of his sonne the which was begotte of the seed of David as pertayninge to the flesshe:
4 and declared to be the sonne of God with power of the holy goost that sanctifieth sence ye tyme that Iesus Christ oure Lorde rose agayne from deeth
5 by whom we have receaved grace and apostleshyppe to bringe all maner hethe people vnto obedience of the fayth that is in his name:
6 of the which hethen are ye a part also which are Iesus christes by vocacio.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Five years ago whilst in California we visited Death Valley and boy wasn't it hot but nowhere near the temperature it was forecasted.
Now if you want rain Gregg come to the UK we get lots.
Yvonne.

kc bob said...

Hope you get the rain and cooler temps Gregg!

We are having beautiful 70º weather in KC. Far cry from last year when it was 100º.

Gregg Metcalf said...

Yvonne - I have been in Death Valley a few times, I now it well. I would love to come to the UK, specifically London.

Kansas Bob - Thanks!