Wednesday, January 23, 2013

We are Fading Fast!



Food For Spiritual Focus

Think heavily on the flower of the grass!

• It sprouts

• It blossoms

• It withers

• It dies!

“Let the lowly brother boast in his exaltation, and the rich in his humiliation, because like a flower of the grass he will pass away. For the sun rises with its scorching heat and withers the grass; its flower fails and its beauty perishes. So also will the rich man fade away in the midst (in the very act) of his pursuits.”

( James 1:9-11 ESV)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellently put Gregg.

Yvonne.

Josh said...

I'm reminded of what David Brainerd said: “…I hardly ever so longed to live to God and to be altogether devoted to Him; I wanted to wear out my life in his service and for his glory …”
What else is there? We are clothed in transience!

Arlee Bird said...

Life seems so vital, long, and full while your living it, but not so much when you look back. Especially as you get older. I'm fading faster than I like.

Lee
Wrote By Rote