Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The Only Way to Overcome Temptation




Over the last forty (40) years I have written a number of quotes, comments, pithy sayings, and poems in the fly-leafs of my bibles. Each Tuesday I am going to share those various entries from my bibles with you. I hope they will be as much of blessing to you as they have been to me. Sometimes I will be able to give credit where credit is due and sometimes I won’t be able to credit the source. I apologize for this to each one who contributed these gems over the last forty (40) years.

TODAY'S TREASURE:


"The joy of the Lord will arm us against the assaults of our spiritual  enemies, and put out mouths out of taste for those pleasures with which the tempter baits His hook."

--Matthew Henry

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like reading your quotes Gregg. Today's was good.

Yvonne.

Gregg Metcalf said...

Thank you! I am glad you find some benefit from them. They have been a blessing to me over the years.

Mike said...

Why have we strayed so far from such powerful sentences? Authors today require 300 pages to say what Henry could probably say in 100.

Gregg Metcalf said...

@ Mike - it is sad isn't it? We have dumbed down logical thinking?