Monday, June 27, 2011

Monday Morning Facts

Once again I have decided to join the "Monday Facts" with Seams Inspired and others. Look for our Monday quote tomorrow.

1.  Fact - My desk has never looked so bad as it does this morning. There are over 45 books sitting on my desk in disarray that need put away. I used them for reference material on an up and coming message.

2.  Fact - I found an "office-chair" that will do until I can get mine fixed. I have a 9 year old office chair that I love dearly but the air bladder or hydraulics broke and it now sits on the floor. I miss that chair! I "sat on the floor" until I could not take it and have bought two other second hand store chairs trying to repalce it and haven't. Saturday at the Habitat for Humanity store found one for 15.00, and it seems to be working.

3.  Fact - As of this Monday morning it is predicted that we will have a "dry" 4th of July around 76 degrees. If you are not from the Pacific Northwest you don't know that it rains 9 out of 10 4th of Julys. We celebrate, picnic, attend firework displays in drizzle, light showers, showers, rain, and storms. Having a dry 4th is a rare treat.

4.  Fact - God is as good and gracious and merciful on Monday as He is on Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday!

5.  Fact - I am already hating fireworks. I love them at "sanctioned displays" but feel they should be outlawed to the general public. It isn't even the 4th and someone is shooting off firecrackers. It wouldn't be so bad if they shot them off between 9:00 AM and 9:00 PM and out of ear shot of Fi Fi. No, they shoot them off all day and all night waking us up and causing little Fi Fi to have a spaz attack. She is glued to me right now. Did I say I hate fireworks? It is a fact everyday and not just Mondays. Wave a sparkler and a flag and eat your hot dog and water mellon already.

6.  Fact - I am a nice guy. I am not really a bad guy, you would like me if you met me. Please don't meet me while shooting off a firecracker near my dog.

7.  Fact - It is a beautiful Pacific Northwest Morning! Sun just sliding up and over Mt Solo, moon is still shining with some night owl stars. Cool and almost windless right now. 

7 comments:

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Wonderful post Gregg, love your sense of humour.

Have a good day,
Yvonne.

Larri said...

FACT - I'm so happy you linked up today.

FACT - Wow! 45 books to review for one message is impressive.

FACT - I'm not a fan of firecrackers either.

FACT - Sounds like gorgeous weather today.

Happy Monday! Thanks for the shout-out. ☺

Trisha said...

Fun post, Gregg! Are you telling me it's not "normal" to have 45 books sitting on one's desk? :)

I hope your office chair does the job until you can get your favorite one fixed, and I promise that if we ever meet, I won't shoot off a firecracker near your dog.

mikew116 said...

We used to live in a neighborhood where the neighbors would always shoot off fireworks. Be it at 3:00 in the morning, 1:00 in the afternoon and also during a hurricane. Hope that situation clears up for you.

Anonymous said...

Amen to #5!! This is the time of year that the crazy pyromaniacs come out in full force were we live. Dogs and old geezers have a tough time getting through the 4th. I wonder if the vet can prescribe something to calm me down?

Darlene said...

I enjoyed your facts. Fireworks are outlawed in Ohio, so we don't have that problem. I hope you enjoy your dry "4th".

Petra said...

Really like #4. Totally agree with #5, and laughed a good laugh at #6. Blessings!