Tuesday, January 1, 2013

If I had Five Wishes...

Happy New Year!! Happy 2013!!


Over the last forty (40) years I have written a number of quotes, comments, pithy sayings, and poems in the fly-leafs of my bibles. Each Tuesday I am going to share those various entries from my bibles with you. I hope they will be as much of blessing to you as they have been to me. Sometimes I will be able to give credit where credit is due and sometimes I won’t be able to credit the source. I apologize for this to each one who contributed these gems over the last forty (40) years.

TODAY'S TREASURE:

Father, Please Grant Me:

  • a love for you with a passion that never cools
  • a faith in you that never staggers
  • a hope in you that never dims
  • a delight in you that never stiffles
  • a desire to glorify you with the highest of my God-given ablility

2 comments:

Larri said...

Happy New Year, Gregg!

I like this. I'm printing it so I'll have it handy to remind me it's all about Him. Thanks!

Scott said...

Or from the classic song:
Oh Dear Lord
Three things I pray
To see thee more clearly
Love thee more dearly
Follow thee more nearly
Day by Day

Happy New Year, Mr. Metcalf!