Monday, November 23, 2015

Obedience in the Face of Danger

Scripture:  Matthew 26:47-56

"Shall I not drink the cup which the Father has given me?"

Peter, don't resist, don't fight, is it not right that I submit to the will of my Father and be obedient to what He has determined for me?

Observation:

Jesus did not shrink back from being obedient to God's will even in the face of betrayal and arrest. He was resolved to be obedient to God. Danger could not keep him from His commitment. He could have called on heaven for help but he did  not seek relief but was obedient.

Application:

That kind of obedience and commitment is the epitome of obedience. There is no greater commitment than to be obedient to God and His will even in the face of grave danger or death. How many times am I confronted with the choice to be obedient or suffer some form of negative consequence. I have yet had to face arrest or even death. This is the type of obedience that I need in order to effectively serve God.

Prayer:

Father, may I be so committed to you that I would always be obedient to you regardless of the danger or consequences.


1 comment:

nashvillecats2 said...

A post so true of living life today, Thaank you Gregg for the inspiration to write such though provoking post.
Yvonne.