Friday, May 9, 2014

He Didn't Get the Ticket!

A business man was speeding along a downtown street in his shiny convertible corvette when he looked in his rear-view mirror. To his horror he saw the flashing red and blue lights of the local law enforcement division. 

He knew he couldn't afford another speeding ticket so he decided to do something he almost never did and never did well. He decided to beg.

As the officer walked up to the car, the business man began to sob and said, "Officer, I am so sorry. I know I was wrong. Please, please don't give me a ticket. My insurance will cancel me."

At first the cop didn't know what to do with this big baby in a business suit. Then he had an idea. He said to the businessman, "I will make you a deal. If you give me an excuse that first of all I have never heard before, and second, is very good, I will let you off with a warning.

The business stopped his blubbering and began to think. At first he panicked because he couldn't think of anything. "Think, think," he said to himself. Then it came to him.

He told the cop, "Last week my wife ran off with a cop and left me. When I saw your lights on, I sped up because I thought he was bringing her back."

Needless to say he did not get a ticket that day!

No comments: