How do you know if
you need more grace?
- When God temporarily steps back into the shadows
- When God sends the most unlovable person into your life
- When temptation seems to have gotten the upper hand
- When the Scriptures are no longer enjoyable
- When the burden you are caring is heavier than the promises of God
- Every moment of your life
Everyone you know and everyone they know is in this situation. People need grace. People need more grace than they realize.
Martin Luther once said, “Grace is given to heal the spiritually sick, not to decorate spiritual heroes.”
In the spiritual world, just like the physical world we are completely dependent upon the Lord Jesus Christ. We need to recognize when these scenarios come upon us and without ceasing ask God to give us the grace that is needed to know that we need more grace.
“Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of Grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in the time of need.” (Hebrews 12:16, ESV)
“Now listen carefully…because this is incredibly important. Every one of us needs help. We are not God. We have needs. We have weaknesses. We have confusion. We have limitations of all kinds. We need help. (John Piper)
Most of us never realize at the time we most need extraordinary grace to go to God and ask God to make us aware of how much more grace we need to face our current situation.
Grace is available 24/7 – God’s grace is never disrupted!