Thursday, September 17, 2009

Come, Let Us Sing Unto The Lord!

"Remember this and stand firm, recall it to mind, you transgressors, remember the former things of old; for I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me, declaring the end from the beginning and from ancient times things not yet done, saying, 'My counsel shall stand, and I will accomplish all my purpose,' calling a bird of prey from the east, the man of my counsel from a far country. I have spoken, and I will bring it to pass; I have purposed, and I will do it. "Listen to me, you stubborn of heart, you who are far from righteousness: I bring near my righteousness; it is not far off, and my salvation will not delay; I will put salvation in Zion, for Israel my glory." (Isaiah 48:8-13 ESV) Today marks twenty-one (21) days of being out of work. I thank God that He is a sovereign God who knows the beginning from the end. I realize that this passage deals with Israel and his promises to them. Yet I also know that God knew the day the decision was made by those guys who make the decision to close our branch and end our jobs. Not only did God know that day, He knows the day the phone will ring and I will be back among the employed. I thank God that I know Him, more than that, I thank God that He knows me.
There are over 13% in our county (highest in WA state) that are also out of work and many of those people do not have the assurance that I have, that I can come to God, boldly, in the time of need and find grace and help. My heart goes out to them and I pray for them as well. What is heart breaking is a job is not going to matter for many in light of eternity. They need Christ! How can we reach them with the good news? I don’t know what God has in store for me during this time. He certainly is not under any obligation to explain Himself to me. I am grateful for everyone who has emailed me to tell me that they are praying for me. Thank you everyone! Join me as I praise the ever living, righteousness, magnificent and loving God whom there is none like anywhere: Come; let us sing unto the Lord New songs of praise with sweet accord For wonders great by Him are done His hand and arm have victory won All lands, to God lift up your voice Sing praise to him with shouts rejoice With voice of joy and loud acclaim Let all unite and praise His name.
(Based on the 98th Psalm; Associate Reformed Presbyterian Psalter; Trinity Hymnal # 15)

No comments: