Friday, November 13, 2015

Let's Represent!



First of all, please forgive me for borrowing this annotated photo.

Second, of all this photo expresses concisely and exactly what my motivation is behind this blog and why I have "failed" at being a "talking head," an "editorialist," or a "humorist." I have wanted to "sound-off" with humor and common sense with rebuttals to many posts on social media. 

I recognize that my opinion does not matter very much. What does matter, is the Word of God. For this reason I respond with comments to a number of posts on other blogs or Face Book. I want to defend, expound, or represent the Word of God. And I now that many times my comments are built upon:

 2Ti 3:16: "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness..."

This is my heart beat. This is what makes me tick. My motivation is the correct explanation and application of the Word of God. When I see it mishandled I am compelled to say something, I cannot be silent. I know this offends many of you. You have a certain shallow, sweet, syrupy, or sensual view of God and His Word. I must agree with this quote of MacArthur's:

"My function is very clear: I simply want to disclose to my church, in every environment, what is the mind of Christ." — John MacArthur

So, I will not attempt to be a Christian "Will Rogers," or a "Tim Hawkins." I am not going to attempt to be dry, witty, humorous, and satirical.

By God's grace, I am going to spend and be spent representing the Word of God. I love the Word of God!

1 comment:

nashvillecats2 said...

As always I always enjoy what you write and this is no exception.
Thanks Gregg for a wonderful read. Enjoy your week-end.
Yvonne.