Wednesday, July 14, 2021

How to Benefit From Worship

 In response to those who state that they didn't get anything out of a worship service, please allow me ask four questions:

1. Did I pray along with the prayers in the service in order to make them my own prayers of my heart?
2. Did I sing the hymns with thoughtfulness and prayerfully, paying attention to the words and truths of the verses?
3. Did I listen to the message as carefully and prayerfully as possible in order to know the intent of the message and the application of the message to my own heart?
4. Did I search my own heart for things to Admire/Adore God, for things to Confess as sin and/or transgression against God and His righteous standards, for things to give Thanks to God for either His mercy and/or grace, and for things to Pray for both myself and for others?
If you didn’t do at least those four things and cannot answer them in the affirmative, please do not reveal, share, or complain that you did not “get anything out of the service.”
Please write these questions in the flyleaf of your bible so that you will be constantly reminded to ask yourselves in each service.

No comments: