Monday, February 27, 2017

Six Facts Revealed in the Gospel Part 3


Image result for sin judged

However...
3. It is against the nature & character of God to save a sinner apart from justice being satisfied

"I will by no means clear the guilty." [Exodus 34:7]

"And according to the law almost all things are purified with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no remission." [Hebrews 9:22, NKJV)

Although God is absolutely sovereign and omnipotent, He cannot and will not act against His own nature. In other words, God will not violate his own law and justice.

God will not forgive sin without His justice being satisfied. God must be appeased. God will judge sin, all sin, and God will judge your sin. He will judge your sin in and of yourself or He will judge your sin in Christ Jesus.

(Continued tomorrow)

3 comments:

nashvillecats2 said...

My doctor is acting like "God" mo 0ne can over rule his judgement.
(He won't give me my Epilepsy medication.)

Very interesting to read Gregg. Thanks.

Yvonne.

Paul G said...

Hi Gregg, don't you think that the Lord can have mercies and forgive sins on whom He wills, apart from a substitute ?

I think that the substitute is only for the elect, those who are saved by grace alone as a free gift of God.

Gregg Metcalf said...

Paul - no, I do not think God will forgive sins apart from appeasement made by the sinner (which we know a sinner could never do, this is impossible) or by a substitute. Christ was the satisfactory substitute that appeased the Father for the elect. I agree the cross was for the elect, but even so, the elect need a satisfactory substitute to appease the Father. I agree, redemption was a free and sovereign gift of grace from God. I don't want to split hairs, and I hope I have understood your question. Thanks for the comment.