Friday, May 20, 2016

Gospel-driven Disciples Has Retired

Ever since I have been given the privilege and honor of teaching at the North Kelso Baptist Church I have had a hard time keeping up with my beloved blog. The deeper we get into the Epistle to the Romans it seems that it takes more time to translate, observe, interpret, apply, prepare, and present the material.

Also, I have re-developed my avid reading practise. I am currently reading three (3) books at the same time in my spare time and am, as Maxwell Smart would say, " And loving every minute!" It takes time to develop a real and intimate walk with our God and Savior Jesus Christ. 

As you can see from the dwindling postings I just have not chosen to make my blog a priority at this time. By the way, I would like to continue and develop the North Kelso Baptist Church blog for our people and anyone who would like to read it.

For the past eighteen (18) months or so I have been talking about or claiming to have retired the Gospel-driven Disciples Blog. Up to this point I haven't been able to do it. I have loved blogging! I have loved this blog. I am humbled and doubly amazed at the influence it has had around the world. I will miss it dearly. I will miss you all dearly. I love everyone of you and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your support, kind comments, and prayers.

I will blog at www.northkelsobc.blogspot.com on a semi-regular basis. Some blogs will be directed at the folks of NKBC or the community of Kelso. However, I don't think that would be a detractor or lack of benefit to any of you who "migrate" over to that blog. I hope you do move over. I hope you will put North Kelso Baptist Church Blog in your blog roll and that you will follow it and continue to be blessed.

For those who follow the Sunday in the Pulpit weekly sermon preached at the North Kelso Baptist Church each week, you will need to click on the North Kelso Baptist Church Blog to follow the sermons and studies. I will be posting the weekly study on that site from now on beginning this Sunday, May 22, 2016. Please continue to follow the study in the Epistle to the Romans.

I began blogging on February 19, 2009 on a cold snowy evening in a motel in Bend, OR. I retire today, May 20, 2016 on a cool, rainy day in Vancouver, WA. It has been a blessed ride! Thank you!

6 comments:

IanH said...

Very sorry to see you go! You have helped me for many years.

Gregg Metcalf said...


Thanks brother. Jump over to the NKBC blog.

kc bob said...

Good luck Gregg. I think that I am hearing you say that you no longer have the time to read other blogs. I understand. Life gets pretty busy. See you on Facebook! ツ

Gregg Metcalf said...

Thanks Bob, but I will read a few that are dear to me and that includes yours my friend. You are not getting rid of me that easy. I will pop up in your comment section now and then! But thanks for your friendship and participation in this blog.

nashvillecats2 said...

So sorry that you are leaving Gregg, I really enjoyed your postings, Sunday won't be the same without you.
Good luck.
Yvonne.

Persis said...

Thanks for all your years of blogging encouragement, Gregg. May the Lord bless your future endeavors.